Tuesday 1 October 2013

If you were the ocean

If you were a bush,
I'd be a bee.
 I'd buzz all day
From flower to flower
And clutch to them quite happily.

If you were a tree,
I'd be a blackbird.
 I'd nest, warmly,
From crest to tail,
And in your boughs I would sleep.

If you were a rock,
I'd be a lichen.
 I'd hold you close when times get rough,
Though centuries may pass,
And grow on you with every mist, and fog.

If you were the ocean,
I'd be a driftwood.
 I'd buffer the tide,
Though storms may blow,
And always by your side.

If you were the sky,
I'd be an eagle.
 I'd ride the thermals,
Beneath the sun,
And soar for miles with pride.

You are not the sky,
You are not the ocean,
Nor bush, nor rock, or tree.
 You are all of these, from twig to wing,
You mean the world to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment